Friday, September 24, 2004

Let there be light...

SHIT!....My bulb blows off this afternoon before I left home....
din replaced it...until I reach home to realise it is getting dark and my landlord is not back yet.....and my nextdoor neighbour just used up their last spare bulb....

Meanwhile...back in my room I did everything I can to light up my room such as to switch on the TV...and open my fridge(lights up when I open it.)..silly things....reading newspaper beside the TV and eating a semi rotten banana beside my fridge in case I ate the rotten part.....quite fun for a while when I realise this can’t go on...I decide to stick a note in front of my landlord’s room to tell him I need a new bulb.....

So I did....and went back to darkness and wait.

Some minutes past as I hear someone coming home....hoping that it is my landlord....i open the door and is disappointed to see a backview of a downstair neighbour walking down the stair.....oh well....continue to wait.

Then, a few minutes later....I hear a soft unsure knock on my door.
My landlord?.....I hope...but I put a question mark because I din hear anyone coming home other then the anonymous downstair neighbour....and most importantly, my landlord, James, dun knock this way....I can tell ....he usually will knock VERY LOUDLY as if I am deaf....

Nevertheless I rush to open the door, becos it might be my next door neighbour who have found a new bulb or whatever...so I open the door.


A guy that I have never seen before.


Cute looking guy....I can see that becos he has light up the whole hallway before he knock on my door(the hallway is usually lightless unless you purposely switch on the lights..)....and wait a minute.....since when is there a cute guy living in this apartment...I have seen a few and dun remember seeing any cute guy....I know a few polish uncles lives downstairs but they dun speak english!!!!...while this one speaks!...must be a new guy.....!


And he gave me a lightbulb....


THAT IS STILL HOT!

And say....he saw my note to James on the door......

I really can feel the heat on the lightbulb...and ask him if he has spare for himself....he obviously has...i am just asking stupid question....I thank him and close the door....I can tell that I am nervous when I spoke to him...becos I am!

Then...I open my door again in less than 2 seconds again...calling out at him who is at the stairway which I can’t see him anymore.....and ask him which room he lives in...so that I can return him the lightbulb when James comes back...and that silly guy...told me “I live downstair”.....and his voice disappear........of cos I know he is from downstair....but which room?

Everything just happen.

While I am still in shock.....

I close the door again....this time wondering how am I going to change the lightbulb...I thought I should have ask him before he go...but anyway...I tried...and struggle for a while ...unscrewing and twisting and pulling...and could not get the stupid fused light bulb off the wire.......finally...I use my last bit of common sense to give it a push..and twist to get it off the hook....ahhh.....

DONE!....put the pipping hot new bulb on....and TA DA!.....

LIGHT!

It was when lights came that I start to thing about this guy....
2 things about this whole incident that I try to make sense of....

First of all, why did he know it is me who needs the bulb?

I only wrote my name on the note....and not my room number?....I never met him and I dun noe him and he dun noe me...how did he know it is me? Or know is room 3?

I reckon after he read the note on the hall way and hear me open my door to assume is my room.

Second, why did he have to unscrew his current lightbulb?...if he has a spare....he can just give me the spare....and I can give him a new one later....but he actually unscrew the one that he is using to give me...and use his new bulb?......ok...maybe he is smart to give me an old one and use a new one....or else I dun see any sense...

Finally....my room is filled with de-lights again.....
While I look at my lightfilled room....I can’t help but to rememeber my childhood fetish.....I used to have secret fantasy for guys who changes lightbulb....even though this guy din help me change one (I did it myself)....but he manage to spare me one...which is almost equivalent.....

Ahhh....watever....I am touched....becos how many people will make an effort to help strangers in the first place, some more he din even noe me or even noe who is living in room 3.....yet is willing to come to my resuce.....

Thanks.....

To the guy who brighten up my life tonight, tomolo night and every other nights...

That cute looking guy.

And...I sure look forward to return him the bulb....

Wait till I find out which room he lives in.....

Meanwhile....I change my mind about moving out...... ;)

21/09/04

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember that I saw a cute guy walking down the stairs the other time??? Could that be him?! Hahaha