Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Me...A cyborg?

I was amused by myself just now while I was testing my typing skill...i suspect I can type my words without looking at the key board...or maybe not...but I can type without looking at half of my keyboard....and imagine the position of some letters without actually seeing it. This is what I call the fusion of mechanical tools with human intelligent...or maybe not so much of intelligence but adaptability. While I am getting used to this way of expressing....I need to further fuse the position of the letters in my visual memory like I know where I keep all my vocab in my brian ....although my typing speed is nothing to be proud of compare to many...but is already something proud enuff...compare to myself one year ago. Last year, I remember I can only type with 2 fingers one at a time....now...with both hands...ten fingers...this is what Donna Haraway meant by...being a cyborg. I can feel myself cybrogizing with my new ability to hypertexting my thoughts and express them in letters.... As if I am NEO...in Matrix...I am beginning to see it....the zeros and ones...the binaries among the flesh and skin. Suddenly it all become scary....


141104

No comments: