Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Poles Affinity

Poles affinity...sounded science...like chemistry or physics or some mathematics I am going to discuss today..indeed...this topic needs a lot of chemistry to happen..oh yah..and very physics..when it comes to forces of attraction...and definitely mathematic simply with the probability of one thing meeting another from this world..it is like a chance out of millions millions...even more slimmer than the £43million lotteryto occur....that is..Poles Affinity..and that happens to me recently

It happens when something struck me while I was watching the VCD that Wendy sent me, “Turn left, Turn Right.” ...about what has been happening to me..about who are being mention and appeared over and over again in my life recently...the Poles, Polish...people from Poland, as if they meant something to me.

The weirdest connection I have connected so far... I see the connection, observe this phenomenom, .draw the links whatever you can describe and made my conclusion...maybe you might categorize this as yet another of my fantasy or I am imagining things...but I am sure I am receiving some sort of hint...definitely..some sort of signal to show that there is something going on in my life as I couldn’t use a better word than the following to describe it, I call it, “Poles Affinity”


ONE

Obviously, the polish people whom I have been living with for the past few months...my polish neighbours...they are not one or two of them...I suspect at least 2 families of poles are sharing the same roof as me...perhaps 6 or 7 or more...I dun noe exactly who and how many but I know they are there...becos they dun speak English. but I can hear them everyday. We share the same bathroom...where I can smell their burnt out cigarettes butts beside the toilet bowl.....breathe in the same air from the corridor and leave the house by the same door.. and have the same key to open it...of all the people...why not a Scottish?..an English?..a Chinese?...Singaporean and Polish.....affinity...


TWO

The Pope..the beloved...not my beloved but the polish...has been the focus of all media regardless which channel I tried to escape to...hence had to surrender to the fact that whichever channel I watch, it will remind me that he is a polish...affinity?


THREE

This only happens days ago or maybe just last week...my fren JM ask me if I am interested in Polish and had a cute polish room mate to introduce to me....and as usual, I will give the “fanatically-desperate-respond-to-any-possible-cute-guy-living-on-earth-like-the-last-man-I shall-ever-met” and literally begs JM to email me a pic of this guy IMMEDIATELY...I managed to scare him off..while I was just trying to be funny...as expected , I was flatly rejected...by that art critic polish cute guy even before meeting him or see his face...becos he thinks I am too desperate...fair enuff...but what struck me was...another polish...affinity..???!?


FOUR

The VCD arrive only this morning and I opened it....it was from my best fren wendy...she sent me yet another scarfs and yet another watch, and yet another cute hangphone danglings...I say “yet another” becos these are not the first time she sent me the same type of stuff which she would sent me...I loved them becos, I collect scarf and I obviously need them, given the horrible weather here... and I am in need of watch, becos the one I am wearing now was a gift from her for my last birthday and I dun noe how long it can last me...and the handphone danglings are never enuff...you just keep adding to ur mobiles and makes dingling noise with them when you bring them everywhere..I like them...to cut my story short as I will go on and on without touching the main point of the story....she sent me the VCD.. “Turn Left, Turn Right” about the story of two people who are fated but never seem to meet each other...like they are always around at the same place....but cannot see each other...the saddest demonstration of affinity...and the most painful...and the whole story.....a hong kong-singaporean production, story based on a Taiwan illustrator’s work...with a Japanese-taiwanese male lead and hong-kong female lead.....with the whole show....linked by ...a poem...written by a poet who is a...you guess it?....POLISH...??!!!...yes...yet again ...polish..affinity.


FIVE

Just as I was utterly overwhelmed by the various polish happening in my life...whom are all the polish who suddenly sprung out in my life out of nowhere..while I only heard of Poland when I study in Secondary Two doing my history project about Hitler and WW2...or occasionally heard jokes about the people from Polands are called the polish...other than that...NEVER EVER...have I heard of Poland or poles or polish since.
Then with these string of event, I check out my Britannica on my laptop for a little more information of Poland...and right before my eyes..I see a Poland flag...and my jaw dropped....it was an inverted Singapore flag without the stars and cresent.... white and red....“Poles..apart”...literally inverted?...attracted?....speechless...polish ?affinity.?



Finally, to conclude.....please see my title in great appreciation as I am amused by how I can see the like even with this silly title i make out casually....my title.. “poles affinity”..it means...poles with a double meaning(obviously..) poles as in polish...and poles as in opposite poles(which attracts..is this by the way physics??!) and ......affinity: an attraction forces between ..attracts to , liking...watever... .if you know what I mean.

120405

No comments: