Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The health and safety check...

is annoying me..when people knocks on my door early in the moring....I was told about the health and safety check about a week ago...and was politely reminded by my landlady(landlord's mother) that we better keep our room nice and tidy...becos A LOT of people is going to go in and out of the room to check the sockets..power supply...smoke detector..fire alarm..watever you can think of to ENSURE WE DUN DIE IN THIS HOUSE....and so..it began with last week..it was a brief experience of less than 10 seconds...when a man come in one step into my room...extend a pole to the celling to test the smoke detector...working...THE END. It was a close call...becos my room at that time was , I had to admit in a mess...and when i say a mess I really mean a mess..and not trying to be humble or anything...Then it was this morning...another man...came in with a meter of some sort and checking out the currents from the sockets..blah blah..I am glad that I spent the weekend doing a little spring cleaning and throw away 2 bags of thrash...plus do a bit of laundry..plus..a little sorting out of my stuff...sweeping the carpet..blah blah..and though it was still NOT VERY NEAT AND TIDY...it has been the best condition so far...in my room for the past 3 months....then...the landlord came in...with the electrician..and left my room saying,"shiah...you better clear up ur room before my mother sees it...she will freak out...".I get his point....it is a good thing my landlady just drops by occassionally..she can be particular...but my landlord is ok with watever....but then...i was rather unhappy with my landlord's comment becos......(a) I obviously have already tried to clear up...not that I have finish...but I never finish clearing up in my life...and (b) just last week he saw my room...and i told him I will try to clear up..and he said it was ok....he dun mind. Of cos I cannot blame him...he had responsiblity to ensure health and safety in this building. What can I say...I hope I can go home soon and answer to nobody.

120405

No comments: