Thursday, November 11, 2004

Gambler's word

Occassionally, I am tempted. To become a professional gambler. I though gambling is fun, if money is not involve....er....or maybe, it will not be fun anymore if money is not involved ....ah whatever....for me and the rest of the gamblers in the world....it will be it’s best when money is involve and winning....in whatever case, people will lose. This is the biggest irony. The saddest. The pain. However, things like lottery is a little different. It involves a little more. That is, ANTICIPATION. To hope for something or to be wishful is a very enjoyable emotion. At least, it makes people happy. To buy lottery is not only to buy a luck, but also to buy a moment of happiness. The moment which started from the point when you buy the lottery ticket to the point when you know the results. Even if you did not win in the end, you earn that moment of happiness. It is like spending a pound buying a bar of chocolate will rise your euphoria content in your body to make you happy, spending a pound buying a chance should give you the same bliss or more. So, to conclude, I would rather spend a pound buying lottery then to buy a bar of chocolate because first thing first, I hate chocolate which is besides the point, but most importantly judging from the after effect, a lottery ticket could give you a chance to buy as many bar of chocolates as you can ever eat and even if you dun win in the end would only mean a wee bit of disappointment that is nothing compare to a bar of chocolate which can make you FAT!

I am tempted. And so I bought the lottery last Saturday. Wishing and hoping to win the 10Million Birthday draw. I could see a 10 in my mind...and I can feel it sooo strongly. Indeed, in the end, I win....£10. Better than nothing. And you know what, I am with all smiles when I know I win, £10 is not only better than nothing, it is a happy thing. Even the India uncle in the mama shop can feel my joy, he is smiling too when he saw how happy I was when he told me 3 number out of 6 means I win £10.

No comments: