Thursday, November 11, 2004

The AuRa...

Today is the day which my aura for romance is slightly higher than usual..... It begins from the bus stop where I waited for my bus....this uncle...was waiting for bus 9 and had been waiting for ages...and we began to talk casually...oh...then I realise he is the same uncle I saw a few days ago....and at the same time in the same bus stop....waiting for the same bus....this is what I will call fate. And so to both our amusement we started to chat. He is a Pakistan Tandoori chef and work in an Indian restaurant just across the street....and I jokingly ask if the restaurant is hiring....anyway...i told him I am studying and working...and blah blah....and he ask for my name and numbers....which of cos....I did not gave him. He offer to gave me his number...but I rejected him...becos I told him I will not call. I am just being frank.....but he was friendly.....he asked if I could take a walk with him along the street to the next bus stop which is just very near but I rejected again...partly becos it is not safe obviously walking off with a strange man I met only twice though he dun look like a baddie, but mainly because it was drizzling and my shoes are torn and absorbs rain. And so....to my relieve my bus eventually came and I wave goodbye with a smile....On my way back....from the bus stop to my house....I pass by the usual few mama shops along the street....went into the one where I had been yesterday where I try to collect my lottery winning...yesterday’s winning ticket was rejected becos I went in too late so I try again today...that same guy who was in the shop yesterday with the uncle at the mama shop and know about my winning was smiling at me....and I told him I brought my ticket today....he tried to process but my claim was rejected by the machine which all of us are puzzled about...I tried 3 times and failed to collect my winning.....but then...maybe this guy find me silly becos I look too happy just becos I win a £10...and he ask for my name...and where I am from.....we smile to each other and he told me to come in the morning to try again while I wave goodbye....and say I WILL BE BACK to collect my winning!...and so on the same day...2 pakistani at 2 different places ask for my name. I am beginning to wonder why I attract people from this region....isst becos of my hair....I really dun know....maybe I will ask the guy in the mama shop next time....or maybe...they are just being friendly...and I too sensitive. By the way, did I ever tell you guys I have a Pakistan ICQ friend who always say I am his Chinese princess....LOL...

No comments: