Saturday, October 24, 2009

YOU CAN SAVE THE WORLD!

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 2:45pm

One day a student came to me and ask me...

Student: "Miss Shiah, is it true that the world is going to come to an end in 2012?"

Me : "Who said so?"

Student:" Elvin! He said his sister saw on the internet that scientists said that there is a blackhole in the space...blah blah and the world will end in 2012..."

Me: "Really? I don't know about that. Anyway, we won't know if it is true until that day comes..."

Students(with the rest of the students):" yah lor...(looking at Elvin)"

Me:" ooh...soo...what if it is true? If you believe you will die in 2012, what will you do?"

Student:" I will SAVE THE WORLD!"

Me:"....that's great! ...but how?

Student:"....."



It is ok if they do not know how.
At least they are not passively waiting to die.
Instead, they have the desire to do something about it.
Adults like you and me probably won't even think of that.

Learn from the kids!

No comments: