Friday, October 31, 2008

I have 2 external HHD.

2 of them adds up all my back ups of 200GB..with some spare spaces.

One of them is an NTFS...80GB

Slightly anti-social towards my mac...
Only can read...but cannot write.
But no fear!
I brilliantly ( and so I thought)...downloaded Macfuse and NTFS-3g...
To enable my mac to read and ALSO write on this drive...
Wala...I am SMART!

Another is a FAT32 drive...120GB

Which means it can be read and write on both mac and PC..
yet gives me the most problem...
Because it HANGS MY MAC!
DAMN!...my brother was laughing at me...
because I was telling him how great my mac was...
until it hangs...

and so..what to do...
I rang up Apple Care...
and spoke to a sexy british accented tech for help...
My disk seems to have a failure and needs repair...
which also involve reformating.
Meaning TO ERASE EVERyTHING.

I now had to transfer 90GB of stuff to my desktop...
which in the past an unimaginable task
with only 20GB HHD on my NEC...
Now only need 3 hours with my MBP.
Yet now...with my 200GB of HHD now on mac...
It is almost filled up just one month after I bought it...

i can only say...
I probably need to buy 500GB of back up soon.


Can you imagine computers only comes with 30GB of HHD like 5 years ago..
And that is consider ENOUGH.
200GB now..is like..HELLO MY HHD IS FULL.


CRAZY!
I will not be surprise that i might need 1TB of HHD soon.
1000GB = 1TB

We better get cosy with to this term now..TB = terabyte = 1000 Gigabyte
Just like having 1GB file was a HUGE thing a few years ago.

1TB is going to be a norm soon.
You mind my words.
I am dead serious.

No comments: