Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Cultural shock...

I think I have travelled too much to feel shock about Japanese culture...
Moreover, Japan is not a totally foreign land to me...
Too much familiarity...the food the language...

However,
there is just ONE thing yesterday night that shock me.
THE PUBLIC BATH.
YES.
PUBLIC.
ok...it is all women bath.
But still...it is weird to see NAKED WOMEN walking around the bath...
and even weirder...
TO BE WALKING AROUND NAKED.

I just cant help but want to take a second look...
Although it is not as if I have never seen my own naked body...
But, it is somebody elses body.
And they are different.
It is simply surreal.

And to be honest...
Slightly uncomfortable mentally.
The fact that I can see them naked means they see me NAKED too.

But the hot suana atmosphere and a warm pool bath is relaxing and fun.
And feels squeaky clean after the whole ritual.

Something to think about it.
The whole idea of a public bath.

No comments: