Saturday, December 22, 2007

This thing call Friendship.

Friendship.
A very fragile relationship...
That can be easily dilute and broken by time and distance.
Yet, the biggest factor to change it...is choice.

As in...how important you feel u need to spend your time on it.


Some friends...are always there in your life...
While some fade away with time.
When you leave your school...
When you leave a job...
When you get married...

You make convenient new friends...and forget the old...
You make friends who lives close to you...and forget those far away...
Who can blame that...human beings are lazy...I am too.

Yet, recently...
I am sad.
I actually find myself tongue-tied when I want to honestly tell a best friend that I felt left out by her...since she get married...
I tried...like i used to...to try to catch up on the phone...
but each time...it gets more and more difficult...
It was to a point I was so reluctant to call yet...made the call because I know...
If I do not call her...she will usually not call me.
I thought...maybe she is busy...but I am not.
If she can't catch up with me...I can catch up with her...
Yet...I think I am losing it...
Nowadays...I even feel guilty that I might be imposing her life...
No matter how friendly she sounded on the phone like she used to be...
I always have to hang up...feeling very sorry that I interrupted her life...
She is that busy...or I am too free.

She once said " Family is family..."...I understand...but what about friends?
Isn't friends still friends?

I can be understanding...yet I also understand...if this goes on...that is about it.

This thing call friendship...
Is like any other relationship...

needs to be water like a plant...

Take it for granted and leave unattended...

Is a choice.

That's about it.

This thing call friendship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hai. u sound so sad. Well, i think people change bcos of their prioties. So, it may be her lost, as u can say that but she is still her choice of living her life that way. And wat u say abt convient fren are quite true too. I think is jus so fake and what the hell to make this kind of fren. Cos is smth like, u wan to get to know her/him cos she/he always around or close to u or east access to. In the end ultimately, whether she/he is yr true fren is still a mysetery.
hai. i think u oso quite emo now. Hmmm. u still have yr choice now. u can continue to gif her calls to show her that u really care abt this relationship. ANd i think for her, she is quite thick or ignorant of such a caring fren who jus wans to know abt her and asking her. Hai. She is such a thick girl. well, is her choice anyway. Well, hope one day, u manage to touch her and change her. Or she herself, after some thoughts, change yr ways too. Haha. u have yr life to live too. just live it.