Thursday, July 05, 2007

Things I learn this week...

1. Bus 111 is a loop service and will pass by the whole stretch of Tanglin Road. (Thanks to my student SB...she moves to a new apartment and i need to find my way there)

2. One end of Tanglin Road leads to Queenstown...the other end is orchard road.

3. Bus 111 will also stop by Marina Square.

4. Hugh Grant actually can sing. (YH is the one who told me about this and ask N to play the song for me)

5. The term "entropy", " is the measurement of the disorder or randomness of a system ."
Such an interesting term....makes me wonder.... (Introduce to me by KY during an interesting conversation one fine afternoon)

6. According to Moore's Law, it takes about every 18 months for the computer to become 2 times faster by halving the size of wire and logic gates from which they are constructed. Every time the size of the components of a computer goes down by a factor of two, twice as many will fit the same size chip.

7. How to count in binary. ( From the book I am currently read, "Programming the Universe"

8. The idea of "ZERO" , "0" means " empty thing"....a powerful abstract idea of nothingness yet so concretely exist. ( From the same book.)

9. Four ways to go up Fort Canning Hill. 1, From behind Substation. 2, From Park Mall near Douby Ghuat MRT. 3, Beside MICA building. 4, From Clark Quay.

10. There is a Kinokuniya in Liang Court. And Meidiya which sells Jap stuffs in Liang court is interesting. You can walk tO Liang Court from Clark Quay. And to ZOuk from Clark Quay.

No comments: