Thursday, December 16, 2004

This friend again

A friend of mine and I have not seen him for more than a year. He always has been an enlightenment for me almost each time we talk and this is still the case when I met up with him today. He is always very positive and always remind me of something, a thought or things I wanted to and should do...but forget to do because of reality, the thing that makes people forget that they should be dreaming. I am happy simply because he wake me up from reality and bring me back to my dream. It is my dream that I wanted to live in, not reality. Today, he reminded me. 3 things that he said today wake me up. One, NEVER BE A COMPLAIN ARTIST. I never complain, but I know I am not happy with things and I JUST LEAVE THINGS AS IT IS, AND DID NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE THEM, I just leave it. This is as bad as a complain artist even if I didn’t really complain. Two, JUST DO IT!....dun have to care what the others are doing or not doing, dun have to care about the environment and whatever shit is going on how bad the art has become....dun care, heck care just do what you want to do and that’s it, that simple....dun have to complicate things, and learn to be grateful to all the fundings that are still coming in. That should be the way, I used to be like that, and I absolutely forget about that. Three, a quote from Guo Bao Kun, 艺术仅次于生命. And that is it. That is the most important thing in my life which I sort of forget it along the way and he reminded me. Art comes after life. Life is the most important aspect and then my art. If I dun have a life, I won’t have art. And all this, he reminded me. Finally, my life, enough of reality, and it is time now to go back to my dreams.

131203

No comments: