Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I am free...

BUT I AM NOT MAKING ANY BIG ART.

I am so free...but I wasn't productive at all.
I have my reasons..
Art making is NOT CHEAP.

I do have a coming exhibition...
I am paid $N dollars as artist fee...
But the production fee might cost $N+$100...
Is it even worth it...as I know...this kind of work...
Is not sellable in the first place...
And will be taken down and throw into a bin after the show.
Why should I even propose and consider such kind of work.
I must be crazy.

And so...I have decided to use a cheaper option...
To settle for second best.
I will still love my work..
But it will be another piece of work without this set up.

As least I am showing something.
But not the thing I really wish to show though.

When it comes to pay rent and feed yourself...
Artist HAVE NO CHOICE.
Namely...POOR ARTIST ONLY.
Namely...artist AS POOR AS ME.

No comments: