Saturday, July 26, 2008

The place call home.

It has become very clear to me where is home for me now.
Home is where I feel the most comfortable, most relax and safe.
Home is where I do not feel restricted.
And be myself.

Singapore is the place I grew up in with many friends and memory.
However, that home with my parents in it...
is the only place I feel safe and relax...without restriction.

This place that I am staying in now in Singapore...
is my temporary home...
As comfortable as I try to make myself feel...
I still always do not feel totally comfortable.
And somehow on many occassion...
I was being reminded that this is not my own home.

My home now...is the home where my parents are staying now in Chiang Mai.
Not Thailand.
But that home.
The home with my family around.

That is my home.
Nowadays...I will tell my friend..."I am going home.."
when I am going "back" to Chiang Mai...

That kind of feeling..
If you know what I mean.

But then...
I am always proud to be a Singaporean.

A singaporean who is proud to be one...
But no longer feels at home.

Sadly.

No comments: