Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Treasure or Trash?

Every now and then, I will open my 3 boxes of treasure and check out my old stuffs.
Those 3 boxes...are boxes of stuff I sea-mail back to Singapore from Glasgow.
They are the only physical remains of my memories in Glasgow other then my photos.

I always dig out my stuff in full excitements.
Because I have long forgotten what I have sent home.
I suspect...if someone throw all of these 3 boxes away...I probably wouldn't notice any lost.
All i would register...is 3 boxes of memories..which I couldn't remember what was inside now...is GONE..
Yet, whenever I opened them...I will be amuse by all my little treasures..yet at the same time be disgusted with stuff I dun understand why I did not throw away back then..
It is always a mix feeling...
And I thought since I did not throw away then..
I simply put them back...and refuse to throw it away now..

This is what I am dealing with.
Myself.
My stubborn self.

I do not understand what I am clinging to.
Those old brochure...old paper scraps...
Old moldy clothes...
MOLDY!...

I am so determine to force myself to throw them away.
If not all...I know I cant...
At least as many.

Until I am load off of my own trash and move on.
I know I cannot fly with my luggage excess...

Yet..I want these trash to be part of my art..
I am trying...

And how?
Documentations..
Filings..

I am trying.
I really am.

No comments: