Saturday, May 26, 2007

Poor Artist...

The word "poor" is somehow always used to describe artist...
If not..."struggling" is equally popular.

WHY?

I was once again being reminded why today.

I went into an art shop to grab some materials today...

And the bill is $130.

While i try so DAMN hard to scrimp here and there to save a few cents and dollars in my everyday life...here I am...in 2 hours...spend over a hundred.

And the breakdown...

$32 for a canvas---> equals to approx. 6 days meals
$5 per acrylic tube x 10 tube ---> 10 days meals
$5 per 1kg clay x 6 pack ----> 6 days meals
$20 acrylic gel medium ----> 4 days meals

Equals to 26 days meals.

Meanwhile...I still have a whole chunk of material list....I guess I will have to spend another hundred over dollars before i am done...

I hope my investment is worthwhile...at least win a prize or two for my competition.
To convince me that all my effort is not a waste of time.

No comments: