Friday, July 23, 2004

MatTer of LiFe aND DeAth...

Yesterday...there was this moment
where I had to make life and death a decision
which everything happened in split second...
it was that decision which determine my existence today...
and whether this blog will be published....
It only shows that...
I made the decision that keeps me alive until today...

Anyway, the story goes like this...

I was walking along Sauchiehall Street( pronounced as ‘saw-kee-hor’ in case
 people from Singapore dun noe... is somewhere like Orchard Rd in Singapore..,),
Where I approach a traffic crossing....instead of stopping to wait for the “Green Man” to flash which I usually would...I simply walk across the road carelessly...

After exactly 3 steps onto the road...6 things happened in split second.

One,  I notice a bus approaching on my left...about 3 metres away

Two, I spot a car coming from my right...about 3 metres as well..

Three,  I looked in front to determine how many steps I was away from my intended destination...which I estimated was 7 Big steps...considering I have short legs...

Four, I made a decision to walk back 3 steps.

Five, I walked 3 BIG steps back while the bus and car ZOOOM! pass side by side on the narrow 2 way road without signs of slowing down...

Six, Open my eyes real big to see the car and bus drove past while holding on to my breathe...

And yes, they all happened in spit second...

I froze at my safety zone after that and tell myself...
I am so glad that I’m still alive!


 
ThE EnD.

230704

1 comment:

ah said...

wakao... heng sia... haha... xiao xi next time